During menopause, hormones fluctuate and are the leading cause for increased body door. When estrogen levels drop a false message is sent to the hypothalamus telling it that the body is overheated. The hypothalamus then causes an increase in sweat production and changes in body odor.
Tips for helping with body odor during menopause:
• Bathe every day, this will remove bacteria from your skin.
• Wear looser fitting clothes during menopause and stay away from synthetic fabrics.
• Consume less meat, onions,garlic, coffee and alcohol, as these foods can increase body odor.
• Try drinking less coffee and eating less spicy food, dress in layers, always have water with you.
• At night try wearing cotton pyjamas and use cotton sheets.
• Sweating is a big deal during menopause, those hot flashes are fast and furious, put your head in a cool freezer!
You are probably thinking “this is great but I need a good deodorant for when I am out and about!”.
At 51 my body is not as sweaty as a couple of years ago, but I still get pretty stinky without a deodorant. I have been using a natural deodorant that I now make and sell. I love my natural deodorant as it has kept me smelling fresh during both peri-menopause and menopause. It is an all natural deodorant without any aluminum, parabens or chemicals.
I like knowing I am using a product that is healthy for me and my pits.
After all armpits have a lot of lymph nodes around them and everything you put on your skin is absorbed into your body.
Have a good sense of humour during menopause!
If you’d like to try an all natural deodorant CLICK HERE!