Antiperspirants work in different ways. Some work by shrinking sweat glands, others work by clogging or shrinking the pores in your underarms. Many studies have shown that the compounds in these antiperspirants are not healthy, not allowing sweat glands to release necessary toxins.
When you switch from a commercial antiperspirant to a natural antiperspirant or non toxic deodorant, your glands and pores will start to unclog, open up and function properly. At this time, toxins and other fluid buildup are being released and one may notice an increase in body odour. This is a good thing your body is cleansing itself of bad stuff.
During Detox some people get rashes, itchy and discolouration hang in there.
Also your lifestyle will affect how your body reacts and detoxes. if you are a smoker or eat spicy foods etc.
Here is a great article on Detox:
Hang in there! It will get better!
Try a new chemical free deodorant product for a week or two before you decide if it is good for you.
If you’ve been using an antiperspirant, there is a build-up of dead skin cells and chemical residue under your arms. Before your shower, dry-brush your underarm skin to loosen this buildup and to gently increase circulation. In the shower, use an exfoliating bath mitt on your underarms.
Do things to perspire! This will help get your sweat glands to function properly. You may notice your underarm sweat being a little thick. This is because the sweat glands in your armpits are different from others on your body. These glands excrete amino acids. Your glands haven’t been able to excrete these amino acids for a while, so there may be a buildup of mucous being released.
Wear natural fibers like hemp, cotton and bamboo. Natural fibers help the sweat to evaporate!
Drink lots of water.
Things To Ponder:
- Does your deodorant keep you dry for the day?
- Do you know that most of the content of a roll-on is wax?
- Did you know that you have lymph nodes near you armpits?
- Do you know what ingredients are in your deodorant like aluminum and parabens?
- Have you researched natural crystal deodorant to ensure it is really safe?
- Have you tried natural deodorants that don’t last all day?
- Do you get skin irritations from your deodorant?
- Did you know that your skin is your largest organ and absorbs everything you apply to it?
- Are you concerned that the chemicals in deodorants are connected to breast health?
- Did you know that spray deodorants are bad for you to inhale on a daily basis?
- Does your deodorant stain your clothes?